PayPal is not just for eBay. Use it to check out quickly and securely at millions of stores worldwide. Look for the PayPal button at checkout.
How do I pay with PayPal?
- First shop at any online retailer that accepts PayPal
- When you’re ready to check out, choose the PayPal button
- Log in entering your email address and password and we’ll process the payment without sharing your financial details
How does PayPal help protect me when I shop online?
When you pay with PayPal, your financial information is not shared with the retailer. We also protect you if there’s a problem with your eligible purchases:
- $0 liability for unauthorized purchases: for example, if someone uses your PayPal account without your permission
- Refunds for incorrect orders or items that never arrived: for example, you ordered a blue shirt and they sent it in pink
- If you do have a complaint about your purchase, we have an easy to use Resolution Centre that helps you and the retailer come to a solution. Find out more (purchase protection page)
How much does it cost to pay with PayPal?
It’s free to sign up for a PayPal account and there are no fees to make a purchase. PayPal does not charge any fees when you pay for goods and services within Canada using your account. There are some small fees for other types of transactions. For example:
- Paying for goods and services outside of Canada
- Receiving payments for goods and services
- Receiving payments from friends and family made using a Visa Debit card or credit card
- Receiving payments from other countries
- Sending money with a credit card or Visa Debit card to friends and family
View PayPal fees
Can I pay with PayPal and still collect Credit Card reward points?
Yes! Just link your credit card to your PayPal account when you sign up or add it later. Then simply select your credit card as your method of payment when you check out using PayPal and you can rack up the rewards!
How to use PayPal to send money
Use PayPal for paying your share of a group gift or splitting the check. It’s easier than running to the ATM or writing a cheque. Plus, it’s free in Canada when you send money using your bank account or PayPal balance.
How Do I send Money to someone?
There are two ways you can send money with PayPal – log into your account online, or send money via your mobile phone and the PayPal app. All you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile number. The recipient will receive an email or text to notify them of your payment. To use or withdraw the money, they will need to open a PayPal account – sign up is free.
How Much Does it Cost to Send Money
Sending money in Canada is free when you send money from your linked bank account or PayPal account balance. When you use a Visa Debit or credit card, the cost is 2.9% of the total amount sent plus $.30 per transaction.
You can also easily send money outside of Canada. Fees are based on the recipient’s country, and are lowest when you send the money from your bank account or PayPal balance.
How do recipients get the money?
They’ll get an instant email or text notification prompting them to log in to PayPal to get the money. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they can sign up for a new account in minutes following instructions included with their notification. Next, the money shows up in their PayPal balance, which they can either spend with PayPal or transfer to their bank account.
Do recipients need a PayPal account?
Yes, they need a PayPal account to receive and use the money from the sender. This simple step helps PayPal protect your transaction. If they don’t have a PayPal account, all they need is an email address to open one. They’ll get simple signup instructions included with their Send Money notification from PayPal.
I created an account, now how to use PayPal?
You’ll receive an email from PayPal asking you to activate your account. Then you’re ready to shop, send money, and accept payments using PayPal.